Review of Iraqi Human Rights Society in America activities
- March 31, 2014
- – A delegation from the Iraqi Society took part in the celebration held by the Foundation Rafha and the Uprising Supporters in the city of Detroit, Michigan, U.S. on the occasion of the twenty third anniversary of the uprising of the Iraqi people against Saddam’s regime in 1991, with the presence of the Iraqi general consul in the city of Detroit, Mr. Manhal AL safe and a large number of organizations of Iraqi civilians working in the United States. The Vice President of the Society Mahmoud AL-Taey gave a speech on this occasion.
- – The president of the Iraqi Human Rights Society in the United States, Hamid Murad visited Zakho, province of Dohuk in Iraq where he held a number of meetings with institutions and organizations working there. He also met with Human Rights Organization in Kurdistan, the Popular Council of Chaldean Syriac Assyrian, the Court of Zakho, the Foundation Hazel cultural, Ishtar Center for Culture and the Arts, and the organization Fir shin to protect the environment.
- – The Iraqi Human Rights Society in the United States marked the special occasion of the International Women’s Day on 8 March 2014 at the Hall of Doubletree Hotel in Detroit, Michigan U.S.A. At the celebration roses were offered to all the ladies present in this event, with the participation of Miss LevinOmid AL gaff, Miss Iraqi, in America who expressed the support for the rights of women and children in Iraq and other human rights issues. The judge of the city of Southfield (Eman Jajonie Daman) lectured about “the law and the women’s rights”. A number of poems and poetic verses glorifying the history of Iraqi women and their role in building the nation were recited to conclude the celebration.
– The Iraqi Human Rights Society in the United States participated in the panel discussion hosted by the Ministry of Human Rights in collaboration with the Independent Commission for Human Rights in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and other civil organizations in the city of Erbil, to discuss the situations of human rights at the center and the province of Kurdistan.
– The Iraqi Human Rights Society in the United States organized a workshop on democracy and human rights to strengthen the actions of activists and workers in civic organizations, media organizations and government departments during 1-2 March 2014 at the Hall of Ishtar cultural Center in the city of Zakho, province of Dahuk in the presence of 27 participants.
- – The Iraqi Human Rights Society in the United States was present at the conference held by the Organization of Kurdistan Human Development in the city of Erbil about the expansion of the participation of the components and religions in the Kurdistan Regional Government, the importance of their contribution in the legislative, executive and judicial branches, about the presence of a great selection of the members of the components in Iraq, as well as of delegates from the United Nations , and a range of media.
- – the President of the Iraqi Human Rights Society in the United States, Hamid Murad, held a lecture at the Hall of the House of Culture in Erbil under the title “new Iraq and human rights”.
– The Iraqi Human Rights Society celebrated by a symposium on the occasion of the 65th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights at the Assembly Hall in the city of Southfield, Michigan, U.S.
– The President of the Iraqi Human Rights Society in the United States, Hamid Murad along with a group of representatives of organizations working in the provinces of Dohuk and Sulaymaniyah , Nineveh, Kirkuk and Erbil was present at the workshop hosted by the UNDP.
It was at the Hall of the International Hotel Erbil to discuss and examine the mechanism of action for the establishment of an advisory council to the Commission in order to strengthen the partnership between the Independent High Commission for Human Rights in Iraq and civil society organizations.
– On the 65th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Iraqi Human Rights Society in the United States held, at the Hall of the Hotel Ankawa Palace in the city of Ankawa, Erbil, a seminar under the title “reality and the human rights situation in Iraq“, lectured both by Parliament Abdul Khaliq Zangana and president of the Union of Syriacs writers Raond Polus.
– A delegation from the Iraqi Human Rights Society in the United States, including Hamid Murad and Karim Elbasri, was present in the conference held by the Minister of Human Rights, which was under the theme “The diversity of Iraq as a model of peaceful coexistence and non-violence” during 27-28 November 2013 in the city of Erbil.